grew up in small towns will laugh when they read this.
Those who didn't will be in disbelief and won't understand how true it is.
1) You can name everyone you graduated with.
2) You know what 4-H means.
3) You went to parties at a pasture, barn, gravel pit, or in the middle of a
On Monday you could always tell who was
at the party because of the scratches on their legs from running through the
woods when the party was busted. (See #6.)
4) You used to'drag'Main .
5) Most people went by a nickname.
6) You scheduled parties around the schedules of different police
officers, because you knew which ones would bust you and which ones
7) You could never buy cigarettes because all the store clerks knew
how old you were (and if you were old enough, they'd tell your parents
anyhow.) Besides, where would you get the money?
8) When you did find somebody old enough and brave enough to buy
cigarettes, you still had to go out into the country and drive on back
roads to smoke them.
9) You knew which section of the ditch you would find the beer your
buyer dropped off.
10) It was cool to date somebody from the neighboring town.
11) The whole school went to the same
party after graduation.
12) You didn't give directions by street names but rather by
references. Turn by Nelson's house, go 2 blocks to Anderson's, and
it's four houses left of the track field.
13) The golf course had only 9 holes.
14) You couldn't help but date a friend's ex-boyfriend/girlfriend.
15) Your car stayed filthy because of the dirt roads, and you will
never own a dark vehicle for this reason.
16) The town next to you was considered 'trashy' or 'snooty,' but was
actually just like your town.
17) You referred to anyone with a house newer then 1955 as the 'rich'
18) The people in the 'big city' dressed funny, and then you picked up
2 years later.
19) Anyone you wanted could be found at
the local gas station or the dairybar.
20) You saw at least one friend a week driving a tractor through town
or one of your friends driving a grain truck to school occasionally.
21) The gym teacher suggested you haul hay for the summer to get
22) Directions were given using THE stop light as a reference.
23) When you decided to walk somewhere for exercise, 5 people would
pull over and ask if you wanted a ride.
24) Your teachers called you by your older siblings' names.
25) Your teachers remembered when they taught your parents.
26) You could charge at any local store or write checks without any
27) There was no McDonalds.
28) The closest mall was over an hour away.
29) It was normal to see an old man riding through town on a riding
30) You've pee'd in a cornfield.
31) You laughed your butt off reading this because you know it is
I would not have wanted to have been raised any other way!!!!
Tough times don't last... Tough people do